On Wednesday,Assam’s finance minister Dr himanta biswa sarma Presented 4th budget of Assam for fiscal year 2019-20.
Highlights of the Assam Budget 2019-20 :
- The revenue earning has increased 20 %.
- The total expenditure has crossed 70,000 crore, a new mark in Assam.
- Students who passes XII examination with first division to get e-bike.
- Rs 25,000 immediate assistance to widows below 45 years.
- Children of families earning less than Rs. 2 lakh p.a to get free textbooks upto university level.
- For Brides belonging to those communities of Assam where it is customary to provide gold at the time of wedding, Govt will give one tola gold, at about Rs 38,000 as on today.
- Launch of new scheme where rice would be sold at Rs 1 per kg to benefit 53 lakh families living in assam.
- All college students from tea garden community to get Rs 10,000 monthly stipiend.
Rising Northeast is the digital media/ English Magazine of North East based in Guwahati.It was founded a team of students to voice for youths of the Northeast india.