Assam Govt published Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) for Domestic Air Travel
Ministry of Home affairs has released a notice to resume domestic air travel of passengers with effect from May 25. The Assam Government has published Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) to contain the spread of COVID-19
Ministry of Home affairs has released a notice to resume domestic air travel of passengers with effect from May 25. The Assam Government has published Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Here Are the quarentine norms for the all passangers :
• Pilots, Air crew and maintenance staff, whether of passenger or cargo aircraft, will not be quarantined in view of their already being subjected to strict health protocols mandated by Ministry of Civil Aviation.
• All passengers will mandatorily be temperature scanned on arrival.
• Disembarked Passengers must be made to walk to the health desks in a group of 20-25 maintaining social distancing of 1 metre each.
• Any symptomatic passenger having his/her destination within Assam, will be segregated and taken to nearest Zonal/ District Screening Camp etc.
• Asymptomatic passengers, other than the exempted categories, will have to undergo combined institutional quarantine and home quarantine of at least 14 days. The period of institutional quarantine of a passenger will be 7 days or till his/her RT-PCR COVID-19 test results are declared, whichever is earlier, followed by home quarantine for remaining period of quarantine after due hand stamping.
• Asymptomatic passengers of Kamrup (Metro), Darrang, Morigaon, Hojai will travel to one of the two nearby Screening Centres set up by Kamrup (Metro) district administration at Sarusajai and Kiranshree Grand, where swab sample will be taken for RT-PCR COVID-19 test prior to being taken for institutional quarantine arranged by Kamrup (Metro) district administration.
• Asymptomatic passengers of other districts will travel to their respective district’s designated screening camp, where swab will be taken for COVID-19 test prior to being sent for institutional quarantine arranged by local district administration.
Following categories of passengers will be exempted from the general quarantine norms, provided they are asymptomatic:
• Any passengor on a day long visits i.e. he/she arrives and departs on the same day from Assam without night halt. This is however subject to the person strictly complying with all hygiene and social distancing norms during the period of stay in Assam and violation of such norms will make him liable to undergo quarantine for the specified period before departing. Undertaking will be submitted by the passenger to the district administration officials at airpot.
• Government of Indial State Governments officials on official duty with prior intimation to Government of Assam and having night halt in suitable isolated accommodation arranged by Government of Assam Government of India or associated organisations, will be allowed to return without undergoing quarantine, subject to the person strictly complying with all hygiene and social distancing norms during the period of stay. Undertaking will be submitted by the official to the district administration officials at air passenger screening centre.
For Military and peramilitary passanger :
• All passengers travelling in capacity of military or para-military personnel on official duty will be allowed to directly travel to their respective cantonment camp where they will be quarantined.
• Prior intimation of arrivals will have to be given to District Magistrate of disembarking airport district by an authorised senior officer of the military wing/ para-military force, which will include identification details of all arriving personnel along with a declaration that (a) all arriving personnel are asymptomatic and all State Government instructions for quarantine, testing etc. will be complied with. State Government will arrange collection of swab samples for COVID-19 testing.
• All transit passengers travelling to other North Eastern States will be allowed to depart for their respective destination State directly from the airport provided they do not have any stoppages in Assam. Undertaking will be submitted by the transit passengers to the district administration officials at airport.
• Persons under following categories shall be allowed to go for home quarantine for 14 days, after hand stamping subject to the condition that the passengers are asymptomatic.
Elderly person, over 75 years and requiring assistance.
Person due to attend funeral and rituals associated with death of an immediate relative.
Children below 10 years of age along with their parents and siblings.
Divyang and Immediate relative of hospitalised patient.
Patients who have recently undergone cardiac, kidney, cancer treatment/surgery/ transplant.
Visiting Dignitaries/ VVIPs including Governors, Members of Council of Ministers of Government of India, State Governments (other than State Assam), Judges etc. will be exempted from General Quarantine norms, subject to accommodation being arranged in State Bhawans/ exclusive guest houses etc., while complying with all social distancing and hygiene norms during the period of stay in Assam.